This Morning’s Bulletin — 9.13.21
• It will be mostly sunny today, with a high temperature near 82 degrees and a northwest wind 8 to 11 miles per hour. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms overnight, mainly between midnight and 4 a.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a low around 62. Tuesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 75 and Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 81.
• In Riverhead and East Marion this week, the state of our drinking water on the East End will be the primary focus of two important public meetings. Read More.
• East Hampton Town will hold the third of four sessions on the future of its municipal airport this evening at 7 p.m. via Zoom. This meeting had originally been scheduled in person at the Montauk Playhouse, but the town has since reverted to all-virtual meetings due to the spread of the Delta variant of Covid-19. Here are more details.
• The Hampton Theatre Company will be holding auditions this evening from 6 to 8 p.m. for three roles (2 female, 1 male) in “Native Gardens” by Karen Zacarías, opening Oct. 21 and running through Nov. 7. Auditions will be held at the Quogue Community Hall. Here are more details.
• Suffolk County reported 460 new cases of Covid-19 on Friday, Sept. 10, with 3.8 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 260 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 43 of them in ICU. The county reported four new fatalities from the virus, bringing the total number of deaths here to 3,487 people. As of Saturday, Sept. 11, 68.9 percent of the total population of Suffolk had received at least one dose of a Covid-19 vaccine, with 61.6 percent of the total population completely vaccinated.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your own copy each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Greenport: 3:50 a.m., 4:26 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:49 a.m., 5:12 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:45 a.m., 4:21 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:12 a.m., 5:48 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:19 a.m., 5:55 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:21 a.m., 2:55 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:30 a.m., 1:04 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.