• Today will be sunny, with a high near 78 degrees and a northwest wind 9 to 15 miles per hour. It will be clear overnight, with a low around 49. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 68 and Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 73.
• The Danish wind power giant Ørsted is offering East Hampton Town a total of $29 million for the use of its roadways to run the transmission cable for the proposed South Fork Wind Farm from a beach landing site in Wainscott to an electric substation in East Hampton village. Read our full story.
• Suffolk County reported 68 new cases of Covid-19 in the 24 hours ending Sunday, with 1.1 percent of people tested testing positive. Thirty-one people were hospitalized with the virus, with six of them in ICU. Three more Suffolk residents have died from the virus since we last reported statistics on Friday, and the death toll in the county now stands at 2,009.
• The New York League of Conservation Voters will hold a Zoom forum with New York State Senate candidates Anthony Palumbo (R) and Laura Ahearn (D) on Wednesday, Sept. 16 at 6 p.m. Mr. Palumbo is currently the North Fork’s State Assemblyman and Ms. Ahearn is a founder and Executive Director of the Crime Victims Center. Both are running for the seat to be vacated by veteran State Senator Kenneth LaValle. Here’s more information on how to register.
• The Southampton Arts Center is hosting a film screening of “No Boundaries,” a film about the writer Peter Matthiessen, as a benefit for the new Peter Matthiessen Center at the author’s former home in Bridgehampton, on Sunday, Sept. 20. Here are more details.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:58 a.m., 8:17 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:06 a.m., 7:25 p.m.
Greenport: 8:35 a.m., 8:54 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:24 a.m., 9:41 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:30 a.m., 8:49 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:57 a.m., 10:16 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:04 a.m., 10:23 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:01 a.m., 7:14 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:10 a.m., 5:23 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:41 a.m., 9:01 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:49 a.m., 8:09 p.m.
Greenport: 9:18 a.m., 9:38 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:14 a.m., 10:32 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:13 a.m., 9:33 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:40 a.m., 11 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:47 a.m., 11:07 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:54 a.m., 8:07 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:03 a.m., 6:16 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.