• There’s a 20 percent chance of showers today, with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 74, with winds out of the north around 6 miles per hour. Skies will clear overnight, with a low around 52. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 71, and Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 68.
• Car Free Day Long Island, part of an international effort to get people to rethink their transportation habits, is this Friday, and it’s a great way to support the Global Climate Strike happening concurrently in cities around the world. Resources to help you plan your car free day are online here.
• East Hampton Town’s Energy Sustainability Committee will be hosting a public information forum for East Hampton residents and local business owners to learn how Community Choice Aggregation of electric power could benefit them this evening, Sept. 16 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at East Hampton Town Hall. More details are online here.
• For the past 30 years, the East End Seaport Museum and Marine Foundation in Greenport has celebrated the nautical history of the East End with its Maritime Festival, which will hold a milestone celebration this coming weekend. Read more in our sister publication, The Peconic Bathtub.
• The Water Mill Museum celebrates its 50th Anniversary with a nod to the building’s past use as a tea house with a High Tea on Saturday, Sept. 28. Tickets are $25. More details are online here.
• As the days grow colder, New York Marine Rescue is gearing up to help rescue stranded cold-stunned sea turtles from our beaches. Maxine Montello, the group’s Rescue Program Director, will be at Stony Brook Southampton College to give a talk on the program this coming Friday at 7:30 p.m. The organization will also hold a training for prospective volunteers on Oct. 12 at 2 p.m. at the Quogue Wildlife Refuge.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:06 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:14 a.m., 11:32 p.m.
Greenport: 12:21 a.m., 12:43 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:12 a.m., 1:27 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:16 a.m., 12:38 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:43 a.m., 2:05 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:50 a.m., 2:12 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:03 a.m., 11:18 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:12 a.m., 9:27 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:24 a.m., 12:45 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:53 a.m.
Greenport: 1:01 a.m., 1:22 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:49 a.m., 2:03 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:56 a.m., 1:17 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:23 a.m., 2:44 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:30 a.m., 2:51 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:34 a.m., 11:54 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:43 a.m., 10:03 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.