This Morning’s Bulletin — 9.23.19
Pictured Above: Greenport Harbor Brewery Founders Rich Vandenburgh & John Liegey were the Grand Marshals of the East End Maritime Festival parade on Saturday.
• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 80 degrees and a southwest wind 11 to 15 miles per hour. Showers are likely overnight, with increasing clouds and a low around 63. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 78 and Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 77.
• As the U.S. Senate Appropriations Homeland Security Subcommittee is poised to discuss repealing the congressional requirement to sell Plum Island, divers have embarked on a marine biodiversity survey of the waters surrounding the island. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Hampton Bays Civic Association will hold a forum with candidates for Southampton Town Supervisor and Southampton Town Board this evening at 7 p.m. at the Hampton Bays Community Center at 25 Ponquogue Avenue. They will also host a debate between candidates for Suffolk County Legislature at the same location in conjunction with the League of Women Voters of the Hamptons on Monday, Oct. 7. All are welcome.
• Greenport spent the weekend celebrating its 30th Annual East End Maritime Festival. Photos from the celebratory parade, led by Greenport Harbor Brewery founders Rich Vandenburgh & John Liegey, are online in our sister publication, The Peconic Bathtub.
• There are just two days left to sign up to subscribe to The Beacon’s print edition in time to receive the October edition in the mail. You’ll read many of our stories in print before you find them here, and subscriptions to our print edition support much of the work we do here. Thank you!
• Our Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. Get it delivered each week online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:29 a.m., 5:55 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:37 a.m., 5:03 p.m.
Greenport: 6:06 a.m., 6:32 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:49 a.m., 7:07 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:01 a.m., 6:27 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:28 a.m., 7:54 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:35 a.m., 8:01 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:16 a.m., 4:32 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:25 a.m., 2:41 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:28 a.m., 6:53 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:36 a.m., 6:01 p.m.
Greenport: 7:05 a.m., 7:30 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:51 a.m., 8:11 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7 a.m., 7:25 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:27 a.m., 8:52 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:34 a.m., 8:59 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:22 a.m., 5:40 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:31 a.m., 3:49 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.