• We’re expecting a 30 percent chance of showers today, mainly before 9 a.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 75, with a south wind 6 to 10 miles per hour. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers overnight, with a low around 63. Tuesday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 75 and a 40 percent chance of showers. We’re expecting showers on Wednesday, mainly before 2 p.m. , with a high near 74 degrees.
• Tomorrow is the last day to subscribe to receive our October print edition via the U.S. Mail. You’ll read many of our articles in print before you find them here, and our print edition supports much of the work we do!
• All For The East End (AFTEE), a group that raises funds for other East End non-profits, launched a “Feed the Need” campaign to raise money for local food pantries at the height of the pandemic looking to raise $1 million. As of last week, the group announced it has has surpassed that $1 million dollar goal, and is now looking to raise another $1 million to help hungry East Enders make it through the winter ahead. Here’s our full story.
• The Riverhead Moose Lodge at 51 Madison Street off of Riverside Drive will host a New York Blood Center Blood Drive this afternoon from 1 to 7 p.m. Blood is urgently needed and donations are down due to the pandemic. Appointments are preferred, call 646.739.1827 to sign up.
• Suffolk County reported 42 new cases of Covid-19 in the 24 hours ending Sunday, with .8 percent of people tested testing positive. Thirty-one people are currently hospitalized with the virus in the county, with six of them in ICU. The county reported one more death over the weekend, bringing the death toll here to 2,013.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:12 a.m., 8:32 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:20 a.m., 7:40 p.m.
Greenport: 8:49 a.m., 9:09 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:42 a.m., 10:03 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:44 a.m., 9:04 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:11 a.m., 10:31 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:18 a.m., 10:38 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:20 a.m., 7:38 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:29 a.m., 5:47 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:52 a.m., 9:12 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8 a.m., 8:20 p.m.
Greenport: 9:29 a.m., 9:49 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:27 a.m., 10:48 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:24 a.m., 9:44 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:51 a.m., 11:11 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:58 a.m., 11:18 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:07 a.m., 8:22 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:16 a.m., 6:31 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.