• We’re expecting mostly cloudy skies today, with a high temperature near 76 degrees and a 70 percent chance of chance of showers and thunderstorms, mostly after 2 p.m. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 54 degrees. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 67 and Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 67.
• Riverhead Town holds a public listening session on Calverton and Baiting Hollow issues related to its Comprehensive Plan update this evening at 6 p.m. at the town’s senior center at 60 Shade Tree Lane in Aquebogue. Another session is planned for tomorrow night at 6 p.m. at the same location on issues related to Downtown Riverhead. Here are more details.
• The Southampton Town Board holds a public scoping session for the Environmental Impact Statement for a change of zone application that would allow the construction of a 60-unit affordable housing development in Tuckahoe at its 6 p.m. meeting this evening. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• The Greenport American Legion roller rink is hosting a New York Blood Center blood drive this afternoon from 1 to 7 p.m. Appointments are recommended, online here.
• Suffolk County reported 409 new cases of Covid-19 on Saturday, Sept. 25, with 3.2 percent of people tested for the virus testing positive. There were 221 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 38 of them in ICU. The county reported two new fatalities from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 3,526 people.
• Today is the last day to subscribe to our monthly print edition in order to receive the October issue through the U.S. Mail. Subscribe online here, or pick up the paper at one of more than 80 newsstands throughout the East End. Print subscriptions support much of the work we do.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.