This Morning’s Bulletin — 9.28.22
• We’re expecting sunny skies today, with a high temperature near 72 degrees and a west wind 6 to 10 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 53. Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 70, and Friday will be sunny, with a high near 68.
• Now that the weather and traffic on the South Fork has cooled for the fall, onshore work for the South Fork Wind Farm is beginning again this October, with onshore work expected to be completed in the spring of next year and the wind farm expected to be operational by the end of 2023. Read More.
• North Fork Audubon’s next educational program is “Celebrating the Life of Frederick Law Olmsted” with Dr. Roxanne Zimmer on Thursday, Sept. 29 from 7 to 8 p.m. via Zoom. Visit northforkaudubon.org to register.
• HUGS, Inc., which specializes in reducing high-risk behaviors among youth, will be hosting their first ever Pickleball Tournament at Westhampton Tennis and Sport on Saturday, Oct. 1 (Rain Date Oct. 2. Whether you are new to pickleball or a pickleball pro, they’re inviting people at all skill levels to come down and play. There will be raffles, giveaways, prizes, and refreshments. Proceeds from this day go directly to support the vital programs they offer youth, schools, and communities throughout Long Island. Register Here.
• The East Hampton Historical Society will host a History Festival on the grounds of Historic Mulford Farm on Saturday, Oct. 1 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Offered free-of-charge to the community, the History Festival is part of the Historical Society’s year-long Centennial Celebration. Read More.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:05 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:13 a.m., 11:36 p.m.
Greenport: 12:22 a.m., 12:42 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:19 a.m., 1:34 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:17 a.m., 12:37 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:44 a.m., 2:04 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:51 a.m., 2:11 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:09 a.m., 11:23 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:18 a.m., 9:32 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:28 a.m., 12:47 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:55 a.m.
Greenport: 1:05 a.m., 1:24 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:02 a.m., 2:17 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1 a.m., 1:19 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:27 a.m., 2:46 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:34 a.m., 2:53 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:52 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:01 a.m., 10:21 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.