• It will be mostly sunny today, with a high temperature near 69 degrees and a north wind 10 to 14 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 52. Friday will be partly sunny, with a high near 65, and rain is likely Saturday, mainly after 2 p.m., with a high near 63.
• The Greenport American Legion Roller Rink at 102 Third Street will host a New York Blood Center blood drive this afternoon and evening from 1 to 7 p.m. Appointments are recommended and can be made online here.
• The Suffolk County Historical Society in Riverhead will hold a Book & Bottle Lecture on “Enrico Fermi: Voyage to a New World” with Edward A. Sierra this evening at 6 p.m.Fermi was an Italian-American physicist and one of the world’s most brilliant and productive scientists of the 20th Century. Here’s more info.
• North Fork Audubon will hold a Zoom presentation on “Celebrating the Life of Frederick Law Olmsted” with Dr. Roxanne Zimmer North Fork Audubon this evening from 7 to 8 p.m. Here’s more info.
• The Southampton Town Board holds a special meeting this morning at 10 a.m. for the presentation of Supervisor Jay Schneiderman’s tentative 2023 town budget, followed by a 10:15 a.m. work session, where they’ll discuss the blinking light program during commuting hours, and hear a presentation by the Long Island Pine Barrens Society. Here’s more info on both meetings, which can be viewed live on Sea-TV’s YouTube channel.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hear presentations from two consulting firms that are interested in completing the town’s Comprehensive Plan — the board fired their former consultants earlier this year — at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• The Southold Town Board and the Southold Town Trustees will hold a special joint meeting this evening at 6 p.m. to discuss fees and fines and changes to the town code regarding waterfront issues under Trustee jurisdiction. Here’s more info and the Zoom login.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:28 a.m., 12:47 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:55 a.m.
Greenport: 1:05 a.m., 1:24 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:02 a.m., 2:17 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1 a.m., 1:19 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:27 a.m., 2:46 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:34 a.m., 2:53 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:52 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:01 a.m., 10:21 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:14 a.m., 1:36 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:22 a.m., 12:44 p.m.
Greenport: 1:51 a.m., 2:13 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:50 a.m., 3:05 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:46 a.m., 2:08 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:13 a.m., 3:35 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:20 a.m., 3:42 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:12 a.m., 12:42 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:51 a.m., 11:19 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.