• The icky weather is just beginning! We’ll be facing showers and possibly a thunderstorm today with some periods of heavy rain and new precepitation between a half and three-quarters of an inch. The temperature today will stay steady around 72 degrees, with a south wind this morning from 9 to 17 miles per hour, becoming west this afternoon.
• We’re expecting another quarter to half-inch of rain overnight, with a low around 55 degrees. Tomorrow, the temperature drops down to 59 degrees and the wind switches around to the northeast at 15 to 18 miles per hour, with new precipitation between a half and three-quarters of an inch. Overnight Thursday we’re expecting the heaviest rain, with one to two inches possible. We’re also expecting heavy rain Friday, with a high around 62 degrees.
• The Town of Southold’s Anti-Bias Task Force will recognize the work of Mrs. Helen Prince, an extraordinary teacher who dedicated her life to educating migrant children at the Eastern Suffolk Farmers Cooperative’s Cutchogue Labor Camp, next Monday, Oct. 5 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Southold Town Recreation Center. More information is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Supervisor candidate forum hosted by the Jamesport-South Jamesport Civic Association originally scheduled for tonight at the Jamesport Meetinghouse has been postponed until next Thursday, Oct. 8 at 7 p.m. More information is online here.
• This Sunday, Oct. 4 is the East Hampton Town Trustees’ 25th Annual Largest Clam Contest, and they’re pulling out the stops for a big celebration beginning at noon at the Amagansett American Legion Hall. Get set to go find a big clam from East Hampton’s waters, and bring it down for judging Sunday afternoon. More information is online here.
• CAST, Community Action Southold Town, will be hosting a new six-week, Beginner’s Computer Class on Wednesday evenings beginning Oct. 7. The class will be held at the Peconic Community Center on Peconic Lane in Peconic from 7 to 9 p.m. This free six-week course will focus on the skill set needed for future employment and will walk a beginning computer student through the basics of the computer. The class is free and will be followed by an advanced series of computer classes. To register, or for more information, call CAST at 631.477.1717
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.