• Today will be sunny, with a high near 79 degrees and a calm wind, becoming northwest around 6 miles per hour in the morning. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 62. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 81 and Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 79 degrees and a 30 percent chance of showers.
• East Hampton Town announced Friday that it will be halting in-person public meetings due to the spread of the Delta variant of Covid-19 in the community. Read more.
• Riverhead Town announced Friday it will be holding its 20th Anniversary 9-11 memorial service at the town’s memorial at the corner of Riley and Edwards Ave. next Saturday, Sept. 11 at 10 a.m. There will be a memorial walk organized by local students meeting at 9:30 a.m. from the Peconic Lane Recreation Center in Peconic to the 9-11 memorial at Jean Cochran Park, also on Peconic Lane. Southold Town fire departments will also hold their annual memorial at Jean Cochran Park on the evening of Sept. 11 at 6 p.m. We’ll have more details as other memorial plans are released this week.
• The South Fork Commuter Connection, providing regular Long Island Rail Road train service and connecting busses in Southampton, Bridgehampton, East Hampton Village, Amagansett and Montauk, is returning today after a hiatus since March of 2020 due to the pandemic, which wreaked budgetary havoc on the Metropolitan Transit Authority. Read More.
• Suffolk County reported 547 new cases of Covid-19 on Saturday, Sept. 4, with 4.5 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 223 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 46 of them in ICU. The county reported three new fatalities from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 3,470 people.
• Tonight is Free Montauk Movie Night with “National Lampoon’s Vacation” at the Henry Zebrowski Memorial Soccer Field on South Erie Street this evening at 7:30 p.m. RSVP to montauknationallampoonsvacation.eventbrite.com
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:45 a.m., 11:01 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:53 a.m., 10:09 p.m.
Greenport: 11:22 a.m., 11:38 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:18 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:17 a.m., 11:33 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:20 a.m., 12:44 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:27 a.m., 12:51 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:55 a.m., 10:04 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:04 a.m., 8:13 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:27 a.m., 11:44 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:35 a.m., 10:52 p.m.
Greenport: 12:04 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:35 a.m., 1 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:59 a.m.
New Suffolk: 1 a.m., 1:26 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:07 a.m., 1:33 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:36 a.m., 10:46 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:45 a.m., 8:55 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.