- This event has passed.
Opening Reception for East End Arts Winners’ Show
September 28, 2017 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
The East End Arts Gallery is pleased to announce the Opening Reception for the upcoming Winners’ Show group exhibit on Thursday, September 28, from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM in the East End Arts Gallery, located at 133 E. Main Street, Riverhead, NY.
This gallery exhibit features the work of Best in Show artists from juried East End Arts Gallery shows that took place during 2016. The public is invited to attend this free event and have the opportunity to meet the artists and see a larger body of their work; refreshments will be served. The show will be up in the East End Arts Gallery through October 28, 2017.
Featured artists are:
- Barbara Groot – abstract artist, East Hampton, NY
Ms. Groot describes her work:
“The energy of the sun and light of the East End landscape has charged and influenced my work. My ongoing desire is to reinvent the immediacy of the ever- changing moments in the natural world. Energy and surprise hold a special lure for me – my intention is to convey this and elicit the same response in the viewer.”
- Lori Hollander – oil paintings, Greenport, NY
Ms. Hollander graduated with a fine arts degree from Brooklyn College, where she was fortunate enough to study painting and drawing with Philip Pearlstein. Afterwards Ms. Hollander received a scholarship to the New York Studio School where she continued studying painting and drawing with Mercedes Matter, among others. Lori is also a master jeweler and has made ancient jewelry reproductions for the Metropolitan Museum and taught those skills at the School of Visual Arts in NYC where she teaches to this day.
- Margaret Minardi – mixed media /collage, Northport, NY
- Ms. Minardi is currently working in the genre of Magical Realism. She draws her subject matter from personally experienced issues such as infertility, a family member’s bi polar disorder and her childhood in Trinidad. Currently her work expresses the surreal atmosphere created by an unstable political environment. Minardi has exhibited in 50 shows over the past three years including group, invitational, and solo. She has received many honors including several Best in Show and National Artist Educator of the year.
- Patti Robinson – mixed media/collage, West Hampton Beach, NY
Ms. Robinson is an artist and art teacher working with repurposed materials in many different forms, including collage, mixed media, fashion, sculpture, and design. She has a BFA in Art and Art History from Arcadia University. A major influence was her work archiving the source materials of the sculptor and collage artist Joseph Cornell.
East End Arts Gallery Director Jane Kirkwood comments: “This show gives last year’s winners the opportunity to exhibit a larger body of work so visitors to the gallery leave with a stronger sense of, and connection to, the artist and her art.”
In addition, a 4 artist group show will be on exhibit in the newly designated East End Arts Showcase Gallery.
Show Title: Sea, Surf and Shore
Meredith Rose will exhibit her highly imaginative and whimsical sculptures along with 15 stunning seascapes by fine art photographers Jim Slezak, Jim Lennon and Anthony Graziano.