• There’s a 40 percent chance of rain today, with patchy fog in the morning. Otherwise, we’re expecting mostly cloudy skies, with a steady temperature in the low 50s. We’re expecting rain, heavy at times, on Friday, with widespread fog, a high near 58 and a south wind 13 to 21 miles per hour. Three quarters to an inch of rain are expected tomorrow. Rain is expected to continue Saturday morning, with widespread fog before 3 p.m. and a high near 49. Sunday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss the Ponquogue Beach Redevelopment Project at their 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board has a packed work session agenda for their 10 a.m. meeting this morning. They will be discussing the Peconic Care site plan, open meetings law, the Association of Towns, work at the town’s East Creek Beach, the Justice Court audit, senior citizens advisory committee and town board liaisons to different departments. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Opioid Addiction Task Force is holding a youth forum on helping students affected by the opioid crisis next Wednesday, Jan. 17 at 5:30 p.m. at Kimisis Tis Theotokou Church, 111 St. Andrews Road in Southampton. More details are online here.
• Our green columnist, Glenn Jochum, recently became the only man in a yoga class. He was a little concerned at first that he wouldn’t fit in, but he seems to be adjusting just fine. Read his latest column, “Taking it on the Shins,” online here.
• The Hampton Theatre Company’s production of “Venus in Fur” opens tonight at the Quogue Community Hall and continues through Jan. 28. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:40 a.m., 6:07 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:48 a.m., 5:15 p.m.
Greenport: 6:17 a.m., 6:44 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:59 a.m., 7:32 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:12 a.m., 6:39 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:39 a.m., 8:06 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:46 a.m., 8:13 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:43 a.m., 2:59 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:30 a.m., 6:55 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:38 a.m., 6:03 p.m.
Greenport: 7:07 a.m., 7:32 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:51 a.m., 8:24 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:02 a.m., 7:27 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:29 a.m., 8:54 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:36 a.m., 9:01 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:36 a.m., 3:55 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.