• It will be mostly cloudy this morning, gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 36 degrees but wind chill values between 10 and 20, with a north wind 11 to 18 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 17. Tuesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 38 and Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 41.
• Suffolk County leaders and law enforcement officials announced on Friday, National Human Trafficking Awareness Day, that they have formed a new partnership to help victims of human trafficking remove tattoos given to them by their traffickers. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The North Fork Environmental Council is urging North Fork residents to make their voices heard on changes to the Harvest Pointe condominium complex’s site plan that would allow garages and basements to be omitted from square footage calculations before the Southold Town Planning Board’s 6 p.m. meeting at town hall this evening. The project is currently under construction.
• Eliana Fernandez and Gabriela Andrade from Make The Road will discuss the Green Light NY campaign to pass legislation so that all New Yorkers can get a driver’s license at PEER’s monthly meeting in Bridgehampton Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. More details are online here.
• The Quogue Wildlife Refuge is now accepting reservations for its fifth annual Light the Night Winter Trail Walk next Saturday, Jan. 19. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:45 a.m., 3:59 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:53 a.m., 3:07 p.m.
Greenport: 4:22 a.m., 4:36 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:46 a.m., 5:16 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:17 a.m., 4:31 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:44 a.m., 5:58 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:51 a.m., 6:05 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:18 a.m., 2:34 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:27 a.m., 12:43 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:38 a.m., 4:57 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:46 a.m., 4:05 p.m.
Greenport: 5:15 a.m., 5:34 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:39 a.m., 6:15 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:10 a.m., 5:29 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:37 a.m., 6:56 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:44 a.m., 7:03 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:06 a.m., 3:30 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:15 a.m., 1:39 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.