• There’s a slight chance of rain and snow after 1 p.m. today, but otherwise it will be cloudy, with a high near 37 degrees but wind chill values between 15 and 25. We’re expecting snow overnight, with a low around 31 degrees and new accumulations between 1 and 2 inches overnight, and into Wednesday, with further accumulations of 1 to 2 inches possible and a high near 36. Snow may turn briefly to rain mid-afternoon. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 33.
• One year into a national administration that’s put our civil rights into question from the start, the mood at the Southold Town Anti-Bias Task Force’s annual Martin Luther King Day celebration Sunday afternoon was one of solidarity and hope. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Southold Town Board will discuss the Army Corps of Engineers project for Hashamomuck Cove, flooding due to burst pipes in Town Hall and an update on the sale of Plum Island at their 9 a.m. work session this morning. The board will hold a public hearing on the extension procedure for Special Exception Use permits at their 7:30 p.m. meeting tonight. Their full agenda for both meetings is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hear presentations from Deepwater Wind, a planned emergency department on Pantigo Place, on a new town hall complex project and on Section 8 housing at their 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Ecological Culture Initiative has announced that it will host a screening of the award winning documentary “Inhabit: A Permaculture Perspective” on Tuesday, Jan. 23 from 7 to 9 pm at the Hampton Bays Public Library. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:19 a.m., 9:43 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:27 a.m., 8:51 p.m.
Greenport: 9:56 a.m., 10:20 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:47 a.m., 11:14 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:51 a.m., 10:15 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:18 a.m., 11:42 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:25 a.m., 11:49 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:34 a.m., 6:57 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:59 a.m., 10:26 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:07 a.m., 9:34 p.m.
Greenport: 10:36 a.m., 11:03 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:25 a.m., 11:52 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:31 a.m., 10:58 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:58 a.m.
South Jamesport: 12:05 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:11 a.m., 7:35 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.