This Morning’s Bulletin — 1.17.19
• Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 32 degrees but wind chill values between 10 and 20, with a north wind 5 to 10 miles per hour, becoming southeast in the afternoon. We’re expecting snow overnight, mainly after 1 a.m., with accumulations of less than an inch possible, and the temperature rising to around 33 by 3 a.m. We’re expecting snow to change to rain by 8 a.m. Friday, with rain continuing through noon and a high near 43 degrees. Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss justice court and police department issues, a special permit for 48 Kroemer Avenue and proposed code amendments for downtown at their 9 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss a conceptual plan for a catwalk at Reeve’s Bay in Flanders and an update on capital and waste management projects at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• Southampton’s Rogers Memorial Library will host a free talk on “Camp Wikoff: A Close Look at Montauk’s Recuperative Encampment for Spanish-American War Combatants” this afternoon at 1 p.m. More details are online here.
• The Neo-Political Cowgirls will hold a Think Tank Conversation on “what groups in our community might not have a voice, and how we can all come together for positive local change” on Tuesday, Jan. 29 at 5:30 p.m. at the East Hampton Library. All are welcome to attend. More details are online here.
• The Mattituck-Laurel Community Association will hold a public forum on “Do You Think There Should be a 20,000-square-foot Retail Store in Our Community?” at the Mattituck American Legion Hall next Monday, Jan. 28 at 6:30 p.m. All community input is appreciated. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:16 a.m., 6:40 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:24 a.m., 5:48 p.m.
Greenport: 6:53 a.m., 7:17 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:30 a.m., 8:10 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:48 a.m., 7:12 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:15 a.m., 8:39 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:22 a.m., 8:46 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:02 a.m., 5:37 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:11 a.m., 3:46 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:03 a.m., 7:28 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:11 a.m., 6:36 p.m.
Greenport: 7:40 a.m., 8:05 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:25 a.m., 9:04 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:35 a.m., 8 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:02 a.m., 9:27 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:09 a.m., 9:34 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:02 a.m., 6:38 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:11 a.m., 4:47 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.