• We’re expecting patchy drizzle and fog with a chance of rain today, with a high near 46 and a southeast wind around 5 miles per hour. Drizzle and fog are expected to continue overnight, with lows in the mid-40s. Rain is likely Tuesday, with a high near 52 and a south wind 11 to 16 miles per hour. Wednesday will be sunny, with a steady temperature around 38.
• The major winter storm known as Grayson that struck Long Island on Jan. 4 carried more than just a fishing shack along Route 48 in Greenport out to sea. It also carried with it any notion left in many Southold Town officials’ minds that the status quo could continue when it comes to dealing with the power of the sea. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board voted 3-1 Jan. 18 to appoint town zoning board member David Lys, an advocate for beach access and the Amagansett Lifesaving Station, to a seat on the town board. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Ecological Culture Initiative will host a screening of the award winning documentary Inhabit: A Permaculture Perspective tomorrow, Jan. 23 from 7 to 9 pm at the Hampton Bays Public Library. Tickets are $15. More details are online here.
• Guild Hall in East Hampton hosts songwriter Andrew Butler and playwright Andrew Farmer tomorrow evening, Jan. 23 at 7:30 p.m. for “Andrew & Andrew Make a Deal with the Devil: Southern Gothic Songs and Stories,” a live musical performance. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:10 a.m., 1:17 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:18 a.m., 12:25 p.m.
Greenport: 1:47 a.m., 1:54 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:26 a.m., 2:44 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:42 a.m., 1:49 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:09 a.m., 3:16 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:16 a.m., 3:23 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:21 a.m., 10:53 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:53 a.m., 2:04 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:01 a.m., 1:12 p.m.
Greenport: 2:30 a.m., 2:41 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:11 a.m., 3:35 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:25 a.m., 2:36 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:52 a.m., 4:03 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:59 a.m., 4:10 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:11 a.m., 11:43 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.