• We continue to be under a coastal flood warning through 11 a.m. today, with high tides expected to be between 2 and 3 feet above normal on the East End. Rain is expected to taper off by 3 p.m., with sustained winds decreasing to 11 to 16 miles per hour by the afternoon. The high temperature will be near 45 degrees. There’s a 50 percent chance of overnight rain, with a low around 34. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 48, and Thursday will be partly sunny, with a steady temperature around 45.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: 6:28 a.m., 6:52 p.m.
Orient: 7:29 a.m., 7:53 p.m.
Greenport: 7:57 a.m., 8:21 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 7:52 a.m., 8:16 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 9:19 a.m., 9:43 p.m.
S. JPT: 9:26 a.m., 9:50 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:25 a.m., 4:49 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 7:10 a.m., 7:34 p.m.
Orient: 8:11 a.m., 8:35 p.m.
Greenport: 8:39 a.m., 9:03 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 8:34 a.m., 8:58 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 10:01 a.m., 10:25 p.m.
S. JPT: 10:08 a.m., 10:32 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:12 a.m., 5:35 p.m.
• Southold Town’s Greenport Synergy conversation with the police, originally scheduled for last night, has been rescheduled for next Monday, Jan. 30, due to the inclement weather. More details are online here.
• The Southampton Fire Department at 470 Hampton Road will host a New York Blood Center blood drive today from noon to 7:15 p.m., and the Southold Fire Department will also host a NYBC blood drive tomorrow from 2:15 to 8:15 p.m. New York is in the midst of a blood emergency, and they’re urging all eligible donors to participate.
• The Southampton Town Board has a public hearing on the controversial proposed change of zone for a shopping center at the corner of Magee Street in Tuckahoe scheduled for its 6 p.m. meeting at town hall this evening. The full agenda for the meeting is online here.
• The Children’s Museum of the East End will again be bringing its free “CMEE on Wheels” program to the Riverside Rediscovered office on Peconic Avenue, providing art programs for children ages 2 to 5 from Riverside, Flanders and Northampton. The program will run on Tuesdays at 5 p.m. for six weeks beginning tonight. To register your child, call 631.591.3926.
• The Peconic Estuary Program (PEP) will be holding their next Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) meeting this Wednesday, Jan. 25th, 2017 at Cornell Cooperative Extension of Suffolk County, 423 Griffing Avenue Riverhead, NY 11901 from 1:00pm to 3:00pm. More details are online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.