• Today will be sunny, with a high near 42 degrees, but wind chill values between 25 and 30, with a west wind 15 to 20 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 30. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 17. Thursday will gradually become sunny, with a high near 33. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 34.
• Southampton Town’s Opioid Addiction Task Force will hold a “Medical/Treatment Forum” to help stop the opioid crisis on Thursday, Feb. 8, from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Parrish Hall at Stony Brook Southampton Hospital. For more information, contact Connie Conway in the Southampton Town Supervisor’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• East Hampton Town announced Tuesday that they have completed the $2.1 million purchase of the former Swamp nightclub property on Montauk Highway in Wainscott, with the help of a $300,000 donation from the Friends of Georgica Pond Foundation, Inc. The remainder of the purchase of the 1.1 acre property was made using Community Preservation Fund money. The derelict buildings on the site will be torn down.
• New Riverhead Town Supervisor Laura Jens-Smith is now holding evening office hours beginning at 5 p.m., by appointment, on Mondays. To schedule an appointment, call Patrick Derenze at 631.727-.200 ext. 654
• Southold Town’s Board of Assessors has announced they will be available at the Human Resource Center, 750 Pacific Street, Mattituck on Wednesday, Feb. 6 from 10 a.m. to noon to assist Senior Citizens with their exemption applications. The Assessors’ Office can answer any questions at 631.765.1937.
• The East Hampton Library has announced they will hold a job fair on Friday, Feb. 9 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. All are welcome and no registration is required. If you are in need of proper interview attire, call Career Couture at 631.853.6769.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:43 a.m., 3 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:51 a.m., 2:08 p.m.
Greenport: 3:20 a.m., 3:37 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:01 a.m., 4:32 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:15 a.m., 3:32 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:42 a.m., 4:59 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:49 a.m., 5:06 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:05 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:41 a.m., 4:04 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:49 a.m., 3:12 p.m.
Greenport: 4:18 a.m., 4:41 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:57 a.m., 5:33 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:13 a.m., 4:36 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:40 a.m., 6:03 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:47 a.m., 6:10 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:37 a.m., 1:04 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.