This Morning’s Bulletin — 1.28.20
• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 42 degrees and a northwest wind 9 to 15 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 25. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 38, and Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 35.
• “You’ll be here maybe six months and then you’ll leave the camps through the chimney,” a teenage Werner Reich was told by his fellow prisoners when he arrived at the Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp at the height of the Holocaust. Mr. Reich shared his story on the 75th Anniversary of the freeing of Auschwitz in Cutchogue on Sunday.
• The Southold Town Board will hear updates on the Drawdown East End food waste pilot program, solar at the town’s Cutchogue landfill, a stormwater program forum, and changes to enforcement of the town’s wetlands code at its 9 a.m. work session this morning. The board has no public hearings scheduled for its 4:30 p.m. regular meeting this afternoon. The full agenda for both meetings is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hear a public hearing on a proposed historic conservation easement on the Topping-Raynor house in Westhampton at its 6 p.m. regular meeting this evening. The full agenda is online here.
• Working to tackle the racial divide, “United We Laugh” will put comedy and conversation in the spotlight this evening, Jan. 28, at 7 p.m. at the Riverhead Senior Center in Aquebogue. More details are online here.
• Today is the last day to subscribe to our print edition in time to receive our February edition through the U.S. Mail. You’ll read many of these stories in print before you find them online! Subscriptions are available here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:07 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:15 a.m., 11:42 p.m.
Greenport: 12:26 a.m., 12:44 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:17 a.m., 1:33 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:21 a.m., 12:39 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:48 a.m., 2:06 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:55 a.m., 2:13 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:13 a.m., 11:43 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:22 a.m., 9:52 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:34 a.m., 12:51 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:59 a.m.
Greenport: 1:11 a.m., 1:28 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:56 a.m., 2:15 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:06 a.m., 1:23 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:33 a.m., 2:50 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:40 a.m., 2:57 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:54 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:03 a.m., 10:33 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.