• Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 74 degrees and a southwest wind 6 to 11 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 60 and a 20 percent chance of showers. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers, Tuesday, mostly in the afternoon, with a high near 75. Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 78.
• The Flanders, Riverside & Northampton Community Association meets tonight at 7 p.m. at the David W. Crohan Community Center on Flanders Road. Congressional candidate Perry Gershon will speak.
• The Hamptons International Film Festival launches this Thursday, and our correspondent Kara Westerman sampled some of the groundbreaking films in this year’s line-up.
• A group of Sag Harbor women is launching The SHED, a women’s co-working space popping up Tuesdays at Little Estia’s Kitchen on the Bridgehampton-Sag Harbor Turnpike. Stop by tomorrow, Oct. 2, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. to learn more.
• Stony Brook Southampton Hospital will hold its annual free flu shot clinic for adults 18 years or older on Wednesday, October 10 from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. in Parrish Memorial Hall, located on the corner of Herrick Road and Lewis Street in Southampton. Vaccines are subject to availability, and valid ID is required. No appointments are necessary
• Stony Brook Southampton Hospital has announced it will hold its annual free flu shot clinic for adults 18 years or older on Wednesday, Oct. 10 from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. at Parrish Memorial Hall, on the corner of Herrick Road and Lewis Street in Southampton. Vaccines are subject to availability, and valid ID is required. No appointments are necessary.
The high tides on the East End for the next two years are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:49 a.m., 3:14 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:57 a.m., 2:22 p.m.
Greenport: 3:26 a.m., 3:51 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:23 a.m., 4:40 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:21 a.m., 3:46 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:48 a.m., 5:13 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:55 a.m., 5:20 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:56 a.m., 2:13 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:05 a.m., 12:22 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:52 a.m., 4:22 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3 a.m., 3:30 p.m.
Greenport: 4:29 a.m., 4:59 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:24 a.m., 5:43 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:24 a.m., 4:54 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:51 a.m., 6:21 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:58 a.m., 6:28 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:58 a.m., 3:16 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:07 a.m., 1:25 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.