• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 66 degrees and an east wind around 14 miles per hour. There’s a slight chance of drizzle or light rain overnight and into Saturday, with a low tonight around 56. Saturday will be partly sunny, with a high near 76, and Sunday will be partly sunny, with a high near 77.
• The Suffolk County Health Department, which has to date found one private well near the East Hampton Airport with levels of the perfluorinated compounds PFOS/PFOA exceeding the EPA guideline of 70 parts per trillion, is asking residents surrounding the airport to sign up for water testing, and East Hampton Town, which owns the airport, is offering bottled water to residents surrounding the airport. More details are online here.
• Weekend gardening season is coming to a bittersweet end, but our Gardenwise columnist, Susan Tito, is thinking spring. Get her suggestions on planting bulbs this fall for next spring’s explosion of color online here.
• The Southampton Arts Center hosts a screening tonight at 7 p.m. of the film “Tower to the People: Tesla’s Dream at Wardenclyffe,” presented with the Tesla Science Center at Wardenclyffe. More details are online here. [$15]
• North Fork Audubon hosts a discussion of Long Island’s Terrestrial Mammals tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the Peconic Lane Community Center. More details are online here.
• The East Marion Community Association and the Orient Association will host a forum for Southold Town candidates this Saturday, Oct. 14 at 10 a.m. at Poquatuck Hall in Orient.
• The Suffolk County Historical Museum hosts a special Riverhead Town 225th Anniversary Exhibition opening tomorrow, Oct. 14 at 1 p.m. and continuing through mid-December. More details are online here.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in our events calendar, online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:49 a.m., 5:24 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:57 a.m., 4:32 p.m.
Greenport: 5:26 a.m., 6:01 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:19 a.m., 6:44 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:21 a.m., 5:56 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:48 a.m., 7:23 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:55 a.m., 7:30 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:05 a.m., 2:25 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:57 a.m., 6:29 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:05 a.m., 5:37 p.m.
Greenport: 6:34 a.m., 7:06 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:24 a.m., 7:49 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:29 a.m., 7:01 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:56 a.m., 8:28 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:03 a.m., 8:35 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:08 a.m., 3:28 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.