• Today will be sunny, with a high near 58 degrees and a northwest wind 11 to 15 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 46. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 61 and Thursday will be sunny and breezy, with a high near 51.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss Fire Prevention Week, environmental quality review on a proposed emergency communications tower, the proposed 2019 town budget and legislation regarding styrofoam at their 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss an Army Corps of Engineers visit to Reel Point and electrical and boiler issues at the Shelter Island Community Center and the highway department, respectively at their 1 p.m. meeting this afternoon. Their full agenda is online here.
•Tonight at 6 p.m. the design group working on the Riverside Maritime Trail Park will return to the David W. Crohan Community Center on Flanders Road with more design ideas for the park.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hold a continuation of a public scoping session on the new five story, residential and retail building proposed on the former Sears site on East Main Street at their 6 p.m. meeting this evening. Their full agenda is online here.
• Bill Dyla of Southold grew up fly fishing the tributaries of the Great Lakes in Michigan, adapting his technique to the North Fork’s salty waters when he and his wife Kim began making a home here in 2008. This month, he shares his secrets for a great bluefish dinner with the Peconic Dish.
• Our coverage of last night’s League of Conservation Voters Environmental Forum with Republican Congressman Lee Zeldin and his Democratic challenger, Perry Gershon, will be online later this morning.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:02 a.m., 4:27 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:10 a.m., 3:35 p.m.
Greenport: 4:39 a.m., 5:04 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:24 a.m., 5:42 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:34 a.m., 4:59 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:01 a.m., 6:26 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:08 a.m., 6:33 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:01 a.m., 3:18 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:10 a.m., 1:27 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:06 a.m., 5:30 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:14 a.m., 4:38 p.m.
Greenport: 5:43 a.m., 6:07 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:21 a.m., 6:41 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:38 a.m., 6:02 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:05 a.m., 7:29 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:12 a.m., 7:36 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:54 a.m., 4:11 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:03 a.m., 2:20 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.