• Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 74 degrees and a west wind 5 to 8 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 57. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 78 and Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 77.
• The replica Spanish Galleon El Galeón will be docked in Greenport’s Mitchell Park Marina from Monday, Oct. 17 through Sunday, Oct. 23, offering public self-guided tours every day from 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Read more in our sister publication, The Peconic Bathtub, online here.
• Candidates for the East End’s First Congressional District slugged it out at the Concerned Citizens of Montauk’s 46th annual Meet the Candidates Forum Sunday afternoon. Our full report is online here.
• Looking ahead this week, the New York League of Conservation Voters is hosting an environmental forum with candidates for the First Congressional District tomorrow night, Oct. 18 at 7:30 p.m. at Suffolk County Community College’s Culinary Arts & Hospitality Center on Main Street in Riverhead. More details are online here.
• Also later this week, the Long Island Commission for Aquifer Protection will hold a public hearing on their State of the Aquifer report Thursday evening, Oct. 20 at 6 p.m. at the at the Riverhead County Center in Riverside. Details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: 10:10 a.m., 10:38 p.m.
Orient: 11:11 a.m., 11:39 p.m.
Greenport: 11:39 a.m.
Sag Hbr: 11:34 a.m.
N. Suffolk: 12:37 a.m., 1:01 p.m.
S. JPT: 12:44 a.m., 1:08 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:26 a.m., 8:55 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 11:03 a.m., 11:32 p.m.
Orient: 12:04 p.m.
Greenport: 12:07 a.m., 12:32 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 12:02 a.m., 12:27 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 1:29 a.m., 1:54 p.m.
S. JPT: 1:36 a.m., 2:01 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:17 a.m., 9:50 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.