Good Wet Morning!
• Showers are likely today, mainly before 3 p.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 67. We’re looking at a 50 percent chance of showers overnight and on Thursday. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 49, and partly sunny Thursday, with a high near 64. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 63.
• Southampton Town’s Opioid Addiction Task Force will hold a public forum on Wednesday, Nov. 15 at 7 p.m. at the Hampton Bays High School Auditorium, as part of the task force’s work to develop an action plan for the Southampton Town Board. Public input would be greatly appreciated, and they’re urging all members of the community to attend.
• Southampton Town, in its role overseeing the Hampton Bays Water District, is considering litigation against manufacturers of firefighting foam that has turned up in wells belonging to the water district in downtown Hampton Bays. The board will hold a special executive session (which isn’t open to the public) tomorrow, Oct. 26 at 10 a.m. to discuss their litigation options.
• Beacon columnist Dave Davis shares with us his response to answering life’s wake-up calls in this month’s installment of Dave’s Desk@Ditch, online here.
• The Sag Harbor Partnership, which has raised $6.25 million of the $8 million needed to buy the Sag Harbor Cinema site, is planning a Casino Night fundraiser at Page Restaurant in downtown Sag Harbor this Friday, Oct. 27 from 6 to 10 p.m. Tickets range from $75 to $500. More details are online here.
• Hallockville Museum Farm in Northville is looking for volunteers to help with fall clean-up at the museum on Friday, Nov. 3. They’re asking prospective volunteers to bring work gloves and rakes and contact Lisa@hallockville.com or call 631.298.5292 to let them know if you’re coming.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:14 a.m., 2:32 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:22 a.m., 1:40 p.m.
Greenport: 2:51 a.m., 3:09 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:35 a.m., 3:47 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:46 a.m., 3:04 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:13 a.m., 4:31 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:20 a.m., 4:38 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:36 a.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:10 a.m., 3:28 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:18 a.m., 2:36 p.m.
Greenport: 3:47 a.m., 4:05 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:24 a.m., 4:38 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:42 a.m., 4 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:09 a.m., 5:27 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:16 a.m., 5:34 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:12 a.m., 12:24 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.