• There’s a 40 percent chance of showers today, with a high temperature near 62. Skies will clear overnight, with a low around 37. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 63, and Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 68.
• The Long Island Farm Bureau, Long Island Builder’s Institute and League of Conservation Voters will host a question and answer session with Riverhead Town Board and Town Supervisor candidates this evening, Oct. 26, at 7 p.m at Martha Clara Vineyards. All are welcome to attend.
• The League of Women Voters of the Hamptons hosts a debate for Southampton Town Supervisor and Southampton Town Board candidates tonight at 7 p.m. at the Rogers Memorial Library in Southampton. All are welcome to attend.
• Southampton Town, in its role overseeing the Hampton Bays Water District, is considering litigation against manufacturers of firefighting foam that has turned up in wells belonging to the water district in downtown Hampton Bays. The board will hold a special executive session (which isn’t open to the public) this morning, Oct. 26 at 10 a.m. to discuss their litigation options. The executive session will be followed at 10:45 a.m. by a public work session to discuss code amendments for assisted living facilities and town board member project updates. The full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hold a special meeting this morning at 10 a.m. to ratify the Appointment of Police Officers, appoint a Senior Administrative Assistant to the Department of Land Management, a Town Board Coordinator and a Building Inspector. The meeting will be followed by a work session at which the board plans to discuss code changes, a grant application for Reeves Beach and Tall Oaks Estate. The board’s full agenda is online here.
• The new East End Mobile Theatre’s inaugural production of Shakespeare’s “Richard III” opens tonight at Most Holy Trinity Episcopal Church in Greenport, and will tour the North Fork, with showtimes at Orient’s Poquatuck Hall and the Jamesport Meetinghouse, through Nov. 4. Read The Beacon’s interview with the company’s founder, Colin Palmer, online here.
• The Hampton Theatre Company’s new production of Joe DiPietro’s “Clever Little Lies” opens tonight at the Quogue Community Hall, and continues through Nov. 12. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:10 a.m., 3:28 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:18 a.m., 2:36 p.m.
Greenport: 3:47 a.m., 4:05 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:24 a.m., 4:38 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:42 a.m., 4 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:09 a.m., 5:27 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:16 a.m., 5:34 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:12 a.m., 12:24 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:09 a.m., 4:27 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:17 a.m., 3:35 p.m.
Greenport: 4:46 a.m., 5:04 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:17 a.m., 5:33 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:41 a.m., 4:59 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:08 a.m., 6:26 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:15 a.m., 6:33 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:02 a.m., 1:13 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.