• It will be mostly cloudy today, with a high near 59 degrees and a north wind 7 to 10 miles per hour. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers overnight, with mostly cloudy skies and a low around 46. Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 59 and a 20 percent chance of showers before noon. Thursday will be mostly cloudy with a high near 58 and rain likely, mainly after noon.
• A new era is beginning at the Bridgehampton Child Care & Recreation Center, with the ceremonial groundbreaking Saturday for a new building to replace its 1902 headquarters. Here’s our full story.
• Suffolk County reported 54 new cases of Covid-19 in the 24 hours ending Monday, with 1.1 percent of people tested testing positive. There are currently 35 people hospitalized with the virus in Suffolk, with five of them in ICU. The county reported no new fatalities from the virus, and the death toll here stands at 2,019.
• Early voting continues today from noon to 8 p.m. at 12 sites throughout Suffolk County. Hours vary daily through Nov. 1 — here’s what you need to know.
• The Pollock-Krasner House & Study Center holds the last Zoom lecture in its fall lecture series, “Fakes, Forgeries, and Frauds” with author Nancy Moses, this evening at 6 p.m. Here’s how to register.
• The Hamptons Observatory holds a Zoom lecture on “The Hubble Space Telescope at 30” this evening at 7 p.m. Here’s how to register.
• Today is the last day to subscribe to receive The Beacon’s November edition via the U.S. Mail. You’ll read many of our stories in print before you find them here, and our print edition supports much of the work we do!
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:49 a.m., 8:08 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:57 a.m., 7:16 p.m.
Greenport: 8:26 a.m., 8:45 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:14 a.m., 9:37 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:21 a.m., 8:40 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:48 a.m., 10:07 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:55 a.m., 10:14 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:52 a.m., 7:07 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:01 a.m., 5:16 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:28 a.m., 8:47 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:36 a.m., 7:55 p.m.
Greenport: 9:05 a.m., 9:24 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:58 a.m., 10:21 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9 a.m., 9:19 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:27 a.m., 10:46 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:34 a.m., 10:53 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:39 a.m., 7:53 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:48 a.m., 6:02 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.