• We’re expecting 30 percent chance of showers today, mainly before 8 a.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 59, with a north wind 26 to 36 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 55. It will be mostly cloudy and breezy overnight, with a low around 46. Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 60. Friday will be mostly cloudy and breezy, with a high near 63 degrees and rain likely after 2 p.m.
• CAST in Southold, which is updating its initials to stand for Center for Advocacy, Support and Transformation, is holding a Community Open House at its new location at 53930 Main Road in Southold (the former Southold Opera House) this Saturday, Oct. 30 from 2 to 5 p.m., with a ribbon cutting at 2:20 p.m. The rain date is Sunday, Oct. 31. More details are online here.
• Naturalist Mike Bottini will give a presentation on the natural history and ecology of the Eastern Coyote, including the fascinating story of how this wild canid got here on Long Island, along with the current research and findings of the Long Island Coyote Study Group this Saturday, Oct. 30 at 10 a.m. at the South Fork Natural History Museum. Here’s more info.
• The Pollock-Krasner House and Study Center is celebrating Lee Krasner’s 113th birthday this evening at 6 p.m. with a video tour of Krasner’s home and studio, after which special guests Lisa DiLiberto, who assisted Lee, and photographer Ann Chwatsky will share their recollections of working with her. Here’s how to register.
• The Southold Town Board holds a special meeting this morning at 11 a.m. to approve two budget modifications for this year. Here’s the agenda.
• Suffolk County reported 195 new cases of Covid-19 on Monday, Oct. 25, with 2.8 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 156 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 28 of them in ICU. The county reported one new fatality from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 3,617 people.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:18 a.m., 3:33 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:26 a.m., 2:41 p.m.
Greenport: 3:55 a.m., 4:10 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:31 a.m., 4:38 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:50 a.m., 4:05 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:17 a.m., 5:32 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:24 a.m., 5:39 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:11 a.m., 2:01 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:20 a.m, 12:10 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:19 a.m., 4:35 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:27 a.m., 3:43 p.m.
Greenport: 4:56 a.m., 5:12 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:25 a.m., 5:36 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:51 a.m., 5:07 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:18 a.m., 6:34 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:25 a.m., 6:41 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:02 a.m., 2:55 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:11 a.m., 1:04 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.