• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 62 degrees and a northeast wind 10 to 13 miles per hour. There’s a slight chance of drizzle or light rain overnight, mainly after 2 a.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a low around 45. There’s a 40 percent chance of drizzles or light rain Tuesday morning, with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 63. Wednesday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 66.
• East Hampton’s Coastal Assessment Resiliency Plan Committee will hold the first of three workshops on potential coastal resiliency strategies in three different areas of town this evening at 6 p.m. at the Amagansett American Legion Hall, focusing on coastal areas of Springs and Amagansett. All are welcome. More details are online here.
• Also this evening, The Mattituck-Laurel Civic Association is hosting a forum on “The Importance of Farming to Southold Town” at 6:30 p.m. at the Mattituck American Legion Hall. All are welcome.
• Southampton Town’s East End Mental Health Awareness Initiative’s fall series continues this week with a session on meditation with yoga instructor Joe Yewdell on Wednesday, Oct. 30 at 6:30 p.m. and a session on nutrition with nutritionist Jillian Kubala next Wednesday, Nov. 6 at 6:30 p.m. Both presentations are free and will be held at the Hampton Bays Community Center at 25 Ponquogue Avenue.
• Community Action Southold Town has teamed up with Greenport’s Floyd Memorial Library to offer free U.S. Citizenship classes at the library on six Monday evenings in November and December, beginning next Monday, Nov. 4. To register, call CAST at 631.477.1717 or the Floyd Memorial Library at 631.477.0660.
• Today is the last day to subscribe to our monthly print edition to receive the November edition in the mail. Print subscriptions cost just $20 per year and fund much of the work we do here, and you’ll read many of these stories in print before you read them online.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:15 a.m., 10:41 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:23 a.m., 9:49 p.m.
Greenport: 10:52 a.m., 11:18 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:54 a.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:47 a.m., 11:13 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:14 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:21 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:38 a.m., 9:58 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:47 a.m., 8:07 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:04 a.m., 11:32 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:12 a.m., 10:40 p.m.
Greenport: 11:41 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:24 a.m., 12:42 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:36 a.m.
New Suffolk: 12:40 a.m., 1:03 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:47 a.m., 1:10 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:25 a.m., 10:47 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:34 a.m., 8:56 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.