• Showers are likely before 7 a.m. this morning, with clouds early, then it will gradually become mostly sunny, with a high near 72, by afternoon. It will be breezy today, with a southwest wind 14 to 20 miles per hour. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 42. Friday is expected to be sunny, with a high near 59, Saturday is expected to be mostly sunny, with a high near 54, and there’s a 30 percent chance of showers Sunday, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 61 degrees.
• Southampton Town is hosting a special public hearing tonight at 6 p.m. on the environmental quality review for the Riverside Revitalization Action Plan, which is designed to allow for innovative development in the blighted hamlet of Riverside, just south of Riverhead across the Peconic River. The hearing will be held at the Phillips Avenue schoool in Riverside. More information is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss their proposed 2016 budget and drainage on Cranberry Street at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• Riverhead businesses will be offering their first-ever “Senior Discount Week” Dec. 6 through Dec. 12. Residents who are 60 and over will be eligible for deals and discounts on downtown dining, accommodations, shows, merchandise and services by participating downtown businesses in a program initiated by Riverhead Town and the Senior Citizen Advisory Council, with support of the Riverhead Business Improvement District and the Riverhead Chamber of Commerce. More information is online here.
• The North Fork Community Theatre’s new production of the classic musical “Little Shop of Horrors” opens tonight and continues through Nov. 15. Showtimes are 8 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays and 2:30 p.m. on Sundays. More information is online here.
• Now’s the time to firm up your Halloween plans! The Beacon’s full listings for fun Halloween things to do throughout the East End this weekend are online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.