This Morning’s Bulletin — 11.15.21
• It will be partly sunny today, with a high near 49 degrees and a 20 percent chance of rain, with a west wind 6 to 11 miles per hour, increasing to 12 to 17 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 32 mph. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 35. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 50 and Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 59.
• We were pleased to join with WLIW-FM and the Express News Group on this weekend’s Behind the Headlines, a panel discussion with local journalists on topics ranging from Veterans Day to Covid-19 breakthrough cases; vaccinations for kids; supply chain issues and an update on the Riverhead puppy mill law. Listen in here.
• South Fork Wind is hosting a virtual open house this evening at 6 p.m. to discuss the wind farm’s upcoming construction plans. We’ll have more coverage of the open house later this week, but if you’d like to attend yourself, click here to pre-register.
• Beacon Climate Local Now columnist Mary Morgan got a chance to talk this month with several people who are adopting Climatarian diets — sourcing their food deliberately to help protect the Earth’s climate. Read more.
• The East Hampton Lions Club will hold a New York Blood Center blood drive today from 11:45 a.m. to 7:45 p.m. at the Amagansett American Legion Hall, 15 Montauk Highway in Amagansett. Reservations are recommended, and can be made online here.
• Suffolk County reported 317 new cases of Covid-19 on Saturday, Aug. 13, with 3.5 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 122 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 24 of them in ICU. The county reported four new fatalities, bringing the death toll from the virus here to 3,657 people. As of Nov. 13, 67.4 percent of all Suffolk residents had completed a vaccination series, with 78.8 percent of residents ages 12 and up completing vaccination.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:50 a.m., 7:09 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:58 a.m., 6:17 p.m.
Greenport: 7:27 a.m., 7:46 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:17 a.m., 8:43 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:22 am., 7:41 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:49 a.m., 9:08 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:56 a.m., 9:15 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:57 a.m., 6:11 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:06 a.m., 4:20 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:30 a.m., 7:50 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:38 a.m., 6:58 p.m.
Greenport: 8:07 a.m., 8:27 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:01 a.m., 9:29 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:02 a.m., 8:22 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:29 a.m., 9:49 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:36 a.m., 9:56 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:43 a.m., 6:58 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:52 a.m., 5:07 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.