• We’re expecting partly sunny skies here today, with a high near 48 degrees and a 20 percent chance of afternoon showers. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 31 degrees and a 20 percent chance of showers before 9 p,m. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 41 and Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 51.
• Suffolk County reported 345 new cases of Covid-19 in the 24 hours ending Monday, with 3.7 percent of people tested testing positive for the virus. Ninety-seven people were hospitalized with the virus in Suffolk on Monday, up 16 in 24 hours, with 20 patients currently in ICU. The county reported no new deaths from the virus, and the death toll here stands at 2,026.
• Southold Town kicked off the work of its Justice Review & Reform Task Force Monday. Here’s our full story.
• The Southold Town Board has a busy work session scheduled for 9 a.m. this morning, at which they’re slated to discuss this summer’s bird beach nesting season, stormwater projects, contractor licenses, beach passes and a proposal to allow apartments in marine zones, followed by a 4:30 p.m. regular meeting. Here’s the agenda for both meetings, and here’s the Zoom login info for the work session, and for the 4:30 p.m. meeting.
• The East Hampton Town Board is slated to discuss water quality projects, New York energy codes, food pantries and Community Development Block Grant recommendations at its 11 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda.
• The Riverhead Town Board meets at 2 p.m. this afternoon. They’re slated to hold a public hearing on creating an urban renewal zoning overlay district for Railroad Avenue. Here’s the Zoom login info.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:55 a.m., 11:26 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:03 a.m., 10:34 p.m.
Greenport: 11:32 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:12 a.m., 12:28 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:27 a.m., 11:58 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:30 a.m., 12:54 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:37 a.m., 1:01 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:11 a.m., 10:41 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:20 a.m., 8:50 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:50 a.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:58 a.m., 11:31 p.m.
Greenport: 12:03 a.m., 12:27 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:04 a.m., 1:21 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:22 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:25 a.m., 1:49 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:32 a.m., 1:56 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:05 a.m., 11:40 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:14 a.m., 9:49 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.