Pictured Above: Golden Fleece, 8 Hands Sunrise
• Rain is likely today, with a high temperature near 47 degrees and a north wind 16 to 21 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 31. We’re expecting more rain overnight, with a low around 34. There’s a slight chance of rain and snow before 10 a.m. Tuesday, with skies clearing throughout the day and a high near 50 degrees. Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 48.
• PBS Channel 13 will air the film “Conscience Point,” directed by Treva Wurmfeld, which follows the the work of long-time Shinnecock Nation activist Becky Hill-Genia in her attempt to preserve Shinnecock sacred land and push forward legislation to protect ancestral grave sites this evening at 10:30 p.m. on Independent Lens.
• The clerks down at the Greenport Post Office have a little secret that’s just been revealed. Read our story about artists Megan Barron and Arden Scott’s new collaboration with an “essential and revolutionary” institution.
• The League of Women Voters of the Hamptons invites all to attend a birthday party, celebrating the 100th anniversary of the New York State League of Women Voters, to be feted with cake and a toast this evening 7 p.m. at Bridgehampton’s Hampton Library. More details are online here.
• The Southampton Arts Center has just opened a show of an innovative series of hundreds of work by emerging and internationally renowned artists using the innovative technology of solar printmaking using light-sensitive plates. Our full story is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:38 a.m., 1:52 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:46 a.m., 1 p.m.
Greenport: 2:15 a.m., 2:29 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:08 a.m., 3:21 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:10 a.m., 2:24 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:37 a.m., 3:51 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:44 a.m., 3:58 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:47 a.m., 12:52 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:01 a.m., 11:56 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:39 a.m., 2:58 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:47 a.m., 2:06 p.m.
Greenport: 3:16 a.m., 3:35 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:07 a.m., 4:25 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:11 a.m., 3:30 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:38 a.m., 4:57 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:45 a.m., 5:04 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:47 a.m., 1:55 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:04 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today