• Today will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 54 degrees and a west wind 3 to 7 miles per hour. We’re expecting rain overnight, with a low around 40. Rain will continue into Tuesday, mainly before 1 p.m., with a high near 48 degrees, an east wind 5 to 14 miles per hour, and mostly cloudy skies. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 42.
• East End Arts and Riverhead leaders are celebrating this morning the grand opening of the new Peconic Crossing housing development at 11 West Main Street, which provides 45 apartments, many of them for artists, in the heart of downtown, along with a gallery to feature residents’ work. Their opening exhibition by Gina Gilmore will headline the 11 a.m. ribbon-cutting ceremony. Stay tuned later today for more details.
• The League of Women Voters of the Hamptons, in collaboration with the East End Mental Health Awareness Initiative, will co-sponsor a program titled “Mental Health Matters” this evening, Nov. 19 at 6 p.m., at Stony Brook Southampton Hospital’s Parrish Memorial Hall. More details are online here.
• As Thanksgiving bears down on us, our Peconic Dish columnist, Alison Boyd, has the perfect plan to add a new winter squash dish to your fall repertoire. Read her column, No Squash Left Behind, online here.
• From community dinners to turkey trotting to plunging in the icy Peconic to raise money for the Shelter Island Library to walking off your Thanksgiving dinner with a hike through the Long Pond Greenbelt, at this link are a few unique Thanksgiving-week ideas for celebrating with your fellow East Enders.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:49 a.m., 7:04 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:57 a.m., 6:12 p.m.
Greenport: 7:26 a.m., 7:41 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:01 a.m., 8:26 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:21 a.m., 7:36 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:48 a.m., 9:03 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:55 a.m., 9:10 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:38 a.m., 5:55 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:47 a.m., 4:04 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:26 a.m., 7:43 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:34 a.m., 6:51 p.m.
Greenport: 8:03 a.m., 8:20 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:45 a.m., 9:12 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:58 a.m., 8:15 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:25 a.m., 9:42 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:32 a.m., 9:49 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:24 a.m., 6:43 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:33 a.m., 4:52 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.