• We’re expecting patchy fog before 8 a.m. today, but otherwise it will be partly sunny, with a high near 71 degrees and a south wind 6 to 11 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 52. Friday will be partly sunny, with a high near 70, and Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 59.
• Shelter Islanders who responded en masse to a survey conducted by Shelter Island Town overwhelmingly supported hunting, including the use of professional hunters, as a means to control deer and tick populations. Read The Beacon’s full story online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss the Butterfly Effect Project’s clothing recycling program, PSEG energy reduction initiatives, a special permit for SPower, transfer of development rights and Community Development Block Grant awards at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss nomination of the Bridgehampton Historic District to the National Register of Historic Places, updates on code enforcement efforts and town board member liaison reports at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold public hearings on the town’s preliminary 2018 budget, on a new Special Historic Landmark Local Law, on Community Development Block Grant spending and on improvements to the Montauk Street Lighting District at their 6:30 p.m. meeting this evening. Their full agenda is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:51 a.m., 9:11 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:59 a.m., 8:19 p.m.
Greenport: 9:28 a.m., 9:48 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:19 a.m., 10:46 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:23 a.m., 9:43 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:50 a.m., 11:10 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:57 a.m., 11:17 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:07 a.m., 6:29 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:31 a.m., 9:54 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:39 a.m., 9:02 p.m.
Greenport: 10:08 a.m., 10:31 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:03 a.m., 11:33 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:03 a.m., 10:26 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:30 a.m., 11:53 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:37 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:51 a.m., 7:15 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.