• We’re expecting showers today, mainly before noon, with the temperature rising to near 58 by 10 a.m., then falling to around 46 during the remainder of the day. A south wind 11 to 16 miles per hour will become northwest in the afternoon, gusting as high as 31 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 35. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 47. Wednesday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 56.
• Outdoor Covid-19 testing sites are now up and running at Red Creek Park in Hampton Bays and at the Suffolk County Center in Riverhead, as New York Governor Andrew Cuomo warned over the weekend that parts of Suffolk County will likely become yellow Covid cluster zones this week. Here are full details.
• Organizers of food pantries throughout the East End are expecting an alarming increase in need for their services this winter, and All for the East End is asking for the community’s help. Read our full story.
• While Turkey Trot charity walk/runs are mostly virtual this year, Montauk’s annual event, also virtual, is a great way to get your friends and neighbors involved in supporting local food pantries. Participants can complete the event at their own pace between now and Nov. 30. Here are the details.
• The East Quogue Fire Department at 465 Montauk Highway is hosting a community blood drive this afternoon and evening from 2 to 8 p.m. The need for blood is dire, and appointments are preferred and can be made online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:35 a.m., 4:56 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:43 a.m., 4:04 p.m.
Greenport: 5:12 a.m., 5:33 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:53 a.m., 6:19 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:07 a.m., 5:28 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:34 a.m., 6:55 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:41 a.m., 7:02 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:30 a.m., 3:43 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:39 a.m., 1:52 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:31 a.m., 5:50 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:39 a.m., 4:58 p.m.
Greenport: 6:08 a.m., 6:27 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:48 a.m., 7:14 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:03 a.m., 6:22 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:30 a.m., 7:49 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:37 a.m., 7:56 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:24 a.m., 4:37 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:33 a.m., 2:46 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.