• Today will be sunny, with a high near 50 degrees and a west wind 9 to 11 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a steady temperature around 41. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 56. Wednesday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 57 and a 40 percent chance of showers after 1 p.m.
• Republican Southold Town Supervisor Scott Russell has held on to his seat by a 93-vote margin over Democratic challenger Greg Doroski after absentee ballots were counted on Friday, while in the tight town board race Democratic challenger Sarah Nappa has won the seat of 12-year incumbent Deputy Supervisor Bill Ruland by 85 votes. Democratic Town Justice challenger Dan Ross beat incumbent Justice Brian Hughes by 27 votes. Ms. Nappa and Mr. Ross will take office in January.
• Mark Lowery, the assistant director of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation’s Office of Climate Change, will discuss steps we can take to address climate change in a North Fork Environmental Council program this evening at 6 p.m. at Riverhead Town Hall. More details are online here.
• The 14th Annual Mattituck-Cutchogue Teachers Association’s annual Turkey Trot is on for Thanksgiving morning. Here’s how to register.
• Are you an avid reader or a lover of cold water? Get your literary costume ready for the Friends of the Shelter Island Library’s Turkey Plunge this coming Saturday.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:09 a.m., 8:34 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:17 a.m., 7:42 p.m.
Greenport: 8:46 a.m., 9:11 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:45 a.m., 10:17 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:41 a.m., 9:06 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:08 a.m., 10:33 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:15 a.m., 10:40 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:31 a.m., 7:51 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:40 a.m., 6 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:56 a.m., 9:22 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:04 a.m., 8:30 p.m.
Greenport: 9:33 a.m., 9:59 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:33 a.m., 11:05 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:28 a.m., 9:54 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:55 a.m., 11:21 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:02 a.m., 11:28 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:18 a.m., 8:40 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:27 a.m., 6:49 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.