• Today will start out mostly cloudy, gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 57 and a northwest wind 10 to 17 miles per hour. Tonight will be clear, with a low around 36. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 53, and Sunday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 55.
• Tonight is opening night for the Riverhead Faculty & Community Theatre’s production of “Catch Me If You Can” at Riverehead High School. The show will run Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 2 p.m. through Nov. 13. More details are online here.
• There’s plenty to do this Saturday in the natural world on the East End: The Peconic Estuary Program is holding a rain garden workshop at the Big Duck in Flanders, Group for the East End is running the annual Goldsmith Inlet Cleanup in Peconic, Quogue Wildlife Refuge hosts their annual Bird Seed sale and the South Fork Natural History Museum has planned a tour of Open Minded Organics in Bridgehampton. Our full nature listings are online here.
• After you’re finished with all of Saturday, don’t forget to turn your clocks back for the end of Daylight Savings Time Sunday morning.
• Northeast Stage will give a free sneak peak at their new production of “Last of the Red Hot Lovers” at Peconic Landing Sunday afternoon, Nov. 6, at 3 p.m. More details about the preview are online here. The show will run from Nov. 10 to Nov. 26 at Greenport’s Most Holy Trinity Church. More details about the production are online here.
• Southold Town and the town’s Anti-Bias Task Force Committee are inviting the community to gather together in a candlelight vigil for respect and civility this Sunday, Nov. 6 at 3:30 p.m. at Silversmith’s Corner in Southold. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: 12:39 a.m., 12:49 p.m.
Orient: 1:40 a.m., 1:50 p.m.
Greenport: 2:08 a.m., 8:43 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 2:03 a.m., 2:13 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 3:30 a.m., 3:40 p.m.
S. JPT: 3:37 a.m., 3:47 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:34 a.m., 11:09 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 1:27 a.m., 1:35 p.m.
Orient: 2:28 a.m., 2:36 p.m.
Greenport: 2:56 a.m., 3:04 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 2:51 a.m., 2:59 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 4:18 a.m., 4:26 p.m.
S. JPT: 4:25 a.m., 4:33 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:19 a.m., 11:59 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.