• We’re expecting patchy frost before 8 a.m. today, but otherwise it will be sunny, with a high temperature near 60 degrees and wind chill values between 25 and 35 early, with a southwest wind 6 to 15 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 47. Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 64 and Friday will be sunny, with a high near 64.
• Republican Congressman Lee Zeldin declared victory late Tuesday in his bid for a fourth term, as Republican candidates up and down the ballot showed a lead in the Election Day count. Here’s our election night coverage. Stay tuned to the link above for updated information on these races.
• Suffolk County reported 176 new cases of Covid-19 in the 24 hours ending Tuesday, with 1.8 percent of people tested testing positive. Forty-two people are currently hospitalized with the virus in the county, with four in ICU. The county reported no new deaths from the virus, and the death toll here stands at 2,021.
Local governments are getting back to work today:
• The Southold Town Board will be busy — at a 9 a.m. work session, the board will discuss battery storage energy projects, the town’s Community Joint Justice Review & Reform Task Force and the secretary of the town’s Transportation Commission. Budget hearings will be held at 4 p.m. and again at the board’s 7 p.m. regular meeting, along with public hearings on a change of zone for proposed affordable housing at 53315 Main Road in Southold and sanitary flow credits for both that proposal and another on Depot Lane. Here are the agendas.
• The Riverhead Town Board meets at 2 p.m. today, and is holding public hearings on its 2021 budget, painting of a town water tank and the use of Community Development Block Grant funds. Here’s the agenda.
• The North Fork Community Theatre in Mattituck will hold a prospective volunteer information night next Thursday, Nov. 12 at 7 p.m. Contact Mary Motto Kalich at 917.334.6639 for more information.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:56 a.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:04 a.m., 11:44 p.m.
Greenport: 12:28 a.m., 12:33 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:14 a.m., 1:15 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:23 a.m., 12:28 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:50 a.m., 1:55 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:57 a.m., 2:02 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:36 a.m., 11:25 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:45 a.m., 9:34 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:36 a.m., 12:38 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:46 a.m.
Greenport: 1:13 a.m., 1:15 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:56 a.m., 1:58 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:08 a.m., 1:10 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:35 a.m., 2:37 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:42 a.m., 2:44 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:16 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:25 a.m., 10:24 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.