• Today will be sunny, with a high near 53 degrees and a north wind 9 to 14 miles per hour. We’re expecting patchy frost of Tuesday morning, with a low around 28 overnight. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 61 degrees, and Wednesday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 58.
• Today is the first day of Peconic Bay scallop season, and while word on the street is that we may have a lackluster year, due to algae blooms in the bay this summer, we’ll have more details after a couple days’ landings are in on our sister site, The Peconic Bathtub. In the meantime, take a look at our chat earlier this year with the Peconic Estuary’s oldest bay scallop, Rodger, online here.
• Find out more about some of the local races and issues in tomorrow’s election by taking a look through The Beacon’s recent elections stories, which we’ve compiled online here. We’ll also be providing updates here and on our Twitter account, @eastendbeacon, as polls close tomorrow night.
• A federal appeals court has struck down the three airport restrictions proposed last year by East Hampton Town aimed at curbing noisy aircrafts’ use of the town’s municipal airport. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold a special meeting at the East Quogue Elementary School tonight, Nov. 7 at 6 p.m to hold a public hearing on the proposed zoning change for the controversial Hills at East Quogue golf course and 118-house luxury subdivision. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows
MTK Hbr: 2:14 a.m., 2:24 p.m.
Orient: 3:15 a.m., 3:25 p.m.
Greenport: 3:33 a.m., 3:53 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 3:38 a.m., 3:48 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 5:05 a.m., 5:15 p.m.
S. JPT: 5:12 a.m., 5:22 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:05 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 3:11 a.m., 3:24 p.m.
Orient: 4:12 a.m., 4:25 p.m.
Greenport: 4:40 a.m., 4:53 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 4:35 a.m., 4:48 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 6:02 a.m., 6:15 p.m.
S. JPT: 6:09 a.m., 6:22 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:46 a.m., 1:03 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.