• There’s a 20 percent chance of snow showers before 3 p.m. today, but otherwise it will be partly sunny, with a high near 33 degrees but wind chill values between 10 and 15, with a west wind 23 to 29 miles per hour, gusting as high as 43. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 19. There’s a 20 percent chance of light snow tomorrow, but otherwise it will be partly sunny, with a high near 34. Friday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 36.
• Let’s face it, aside from your neighbors’ gaudy inflatable holiday decorations, there’s not much to look at outside — that is, unless you have some evergreens. Read up on how to introduce some green into your landscape in Susan Tito’s latest Gardenwise column.
• The Bridgehampton Fire Department at 64 School Street in Bridgehampton will host a blood drive from 2 to 8 p.m. today. To find out more about giving blood locally, visit nybloodcenter.org.
• Inspirational author Jim Ryan will read from his latest book, “Finding Joy: Eight Characteristics of Happy People,” this afternoon at 4 p.m. at Peconic Landing in Greenport. All are welcome to attend. [Free]
• Carolyn Munaco will be leading a Crafty Holiday Card Collage workshop tomorrow, Dec. 14 at 6 p.m. at the Southampton Arts Center. More details are online here. [$20]
• If you’re at a loss for a gift idea, a night of Motown at The Suffolk Theater to benefit the Butterfly Effect Project may be just the thing you’re looking for: On Dec. 28, you can dance the night away, and raise money to help local girls build their self-esteem. More details are online here. [$39]
• Another idea? How about a subscription to the East End Beacon’s print edition, currently on newsstands throughout the Twin Forks.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:07 a.m., 6:32 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:15 a.m., 5:40 p.m.
Greenport: 6:44 a.m., 7:09 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:31 a.m., 8:01 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:39 a.m., 7:04 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:06 a.m., 8:31 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:13 a.m., 8:38 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:17 a.m., 3:32 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:53 a.m., 7:17 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:01 a.m., 6:25 p.m.
Greenport: 7:30 a.m., 7:54 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:21 a.m., 8:51 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:25 a.m., 7:49 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:52 a.m., 9:16 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:59 a.m., 9:23 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:09 a.m., 4:26 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.