• Our overnight snowfall is expected to taper off by 9 a.m., with another inch possible this morning. We’ve seen accumulations of up to two inches here as of 6 a.m. The high temperature today will be near 33 degrees, with wind chill values between 20 and 25. Winds will be out of the north at 8 to 16 miles per hour, becoming northwest in the afternoon. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 15. Friday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 33, and Saturday will be mostly sunny and breezy, with a high near 37.
• Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon, champion of alt-right conspiracy theories most recently seen stumping for defeated Alabama senate candidate Roy Moore, is scheduled to headline a Manhattan fundraiser this evening for East End Congressman Lee Zeldin. Expect fireworks.
• With one month left to make a decision on the possible shuttering of the New Suffolk School, this tight-knit North Fork community still seems stunned at how quickly things have changed for their tiny district. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• We’ve just gotten word here from North Pole, Inc. that Santa Claus has started a legal department out of necessity. Either that’s true, or columnist Tim Kelly has ventured back Between the Lines. Read his column online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss the site plan for Peconic Bay Medical Center’s expansion into the former Suffolk County National Bank headquarters on Second Street at their 10:15 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• Having trouble getting in the holiday spirit? There are plenty of musicians, dancers and actors out there working to drum up a merry mood. Here are some details.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:53 a.m., 7:17 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:01 a.m., 6:25 p.m.
Greenport: 7:30 a.m., 7:54 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:21 a.m., 8:51 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:25 a.m., 7:49 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:52 a.m., 9:16 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:59 a.m., 9:23 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:09 a.m., 4:26 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:35 a.m., 7:59 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:43 a.m., 7:07 p.m.
Greenport: 8:12 a.m., 8:36 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:07 a.m., 9:37 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:07 a.m., 8:31 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:34 a.m., 9:58 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:41 a.m., 10:05 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:56 a.m., 5:14 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.