This Morning’s Bulletin — 12.15.15

The race in the fog, Robins Island
The race in the fog, Robins Island

Good Morning!

• The fog has burned off this morning after last night’s rain, and we’re expecting it to gradually become sunny today, with a high near 62 degrees and a west wind 9 to 18 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 31. Tonight will be clear, with a low around 39. Tomorrow will be sunny, with a high near 50. There’s a 60 percent chance of rain Thursday, mostly afternoon, when the high temperature will be nearly 56 degrees. Friday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 52 degrees and a 40 percent chance of rain.

• Congressman Lee Zeldin and the East End’s state lawmakers want Governor Cuomo to know that the Riverside community needs to see the State Trooper barracks there fully staffed. The Beacon’s full story is online here.

• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss management of the town-owned Sasson Soffer Sculpture Park on Town Lane in Amagansett, a stop sign at the intersection of Davis and Laurel drives in Montauk and proposed parking along Birch Drive in Montauk at their 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning. There is also a resolution on the agenda for the board to vote on a controversial proposed rental registry today. Their full agenda is online here.

• The Southold Town Board will discuss transportation committee recommendations, an open space purchase and mapping of the town’s infrastructure using Geographic Information Systems software at their 9 a.m. work session this morning. They are slated to vote on several changes to the town’s wetlands setback code at their 4:30 p.m. meeting this afternoon. The full agenda for both meetings is online here.

• The Shelter Island Town Board will hear a presentation on Greenport’s Eastern Long Island Hospital’s merger with Stony Brook University Hospital, hear an update on proportionality and fragile zone draft laws and hear a presentation from the Association of Towns at their 1 p.m. work session today. Their full agenda is online here.

And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.


Beth Young

Beth Young has been covering the East End since the 1990s. In her spare time, she runs around the block, tinkers with bicycles, tries not to drown in the Peconic Bay and hopes to grow the perfect tomato. You can send her a message at

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Please prove you're human: