• We’re expecting scattered snow showers today, mainly before noon, with partly sunny skies and a steady temperature around 23 degrees, with wind chill values between zero and 10 and a northwest wind 17 to 22 miles per hour, increasing to 26 to 31 miles per hour in the afternoon, with gusts even higher. There’s a 20 percent chance of snow showers overnight, with a low around 12 degrees. Friday will be sunny and blustery, with a high near 24. We’re expecting up to an inch of snow overnight Friday, turning into rain Saturday as the temperature heats up to near 48 degrees.
• The Rhode Island offshore wind developer Deepwater Wind has turned on the switch on the first offshore wind project in the country, which will power Block Island. But Deepwater Wind’s proposed Deepwater ONE project in the waters 30 miles off of Montauk, which was slated to power the East End, is still awaiting a bid award decision from the Long Island Power Authority. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss water quality protection strategies and Town Trustee issues at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss an excavation permit for Grapes & Greens, a pump-out boat grant and recreation and zoning board fees at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• Canio’s Books in Sag Harbor will host a concert celebrating Bob Dylan’s Nobel Prize in Literature tomorrow, Dec . 16 at 6 p.m. Folk duo Bill and Ben Chaleff will perform Dylan favorites to honor the Nobel Laureate. The concert is free, but donations are accepted. More information is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: 9:26 a.m., 9:54 p.m.
Orient: 10:27 a.m., 10:55 p.m.
Greenport: 10:55 a.m., 11:23 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 10:50 a.m., 11:18 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 12:17 p.m.
S. JPT: 12:24 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:42 a.m., 8:17 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 10:20 a.m., 10:49 p.m.
Orient: 11:21 a.m., 11:50 p.m.
Greenport: 11:49 a.m.
Sag Hbr: 11:44 a.m.
N. Suffolk: 12:45 a.m., 1:11 p.m.
S. JPT: 12:52 a.m., 1:18 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:34 a.m., 9:12 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.