• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 50 degrees but wind chill values between 25 and 35 early, with a west wind 10 to 15 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 35. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 45, and Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 36.
• The ravages of Superstorm Sandy haven’t entirely been cleaned up along our shores, but down under the Ponquogue Bridge in Hampton Bays, one of the most severely damaged pieces of our collective seaside lives is now being restored. Southampton Town celebrated the reconstruction project Monday morning. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
East End town boards are busy today finishing up the year’s work:
• The Southold Town Board will hear a presentation on affordable housing, an update on the town’s deer management program and a funding update on the Bay to Sound Trail project at their 9 a.m. work session this morning. The board has no public hearings scheduled for their 4:30 p.m. regular meeting. Their full agenda for both meetings is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss airport finances and the siting of the airport control tower and the opening of the town’s Section 8 housing list at their 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss their proposed septic rebate program and shared engineer services with Southold Town at their 1 p.m. work session this afternoon at town hall. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board is slated to vote at their 7 p.m. meeting tonight on whether to hold a public hearing in January on whether a new partnership known as Calverton Aviation & Technology LLC, a Joint Venture to be formed by Luminati Aerospace and Triple Five Ventures Co., is a qualified and eligible sponsor for the purchase and development of about 1,600 acres at the Enterprise Park at Calverton. Their full agenda is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:19 a.m., 10:49 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:27 a.m., 9:57 p.m.
Greenport: 10:56 a.m., 11:26 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:46 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:51 a.m., 11:21 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:03 a.m., 12:18 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:10 a.m., 12:25 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:33 a.m., 7:58 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:02 a.m., 11:34 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:10 a.m., 10:42 p.m.
Greenport: 11:39 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:16 a.m., 12:25 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:34 a.m.
New Suffolk: 12:48 a.m., 1:01 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:55 a.m., 1:08 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:10 a.m., 8:38 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.