• Today will be sunny, with a high near 37 degrees but wind chill values between 10 and 20 degrees, with a north wind 6 to 11 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 22. There’s a 30 percent chance of afternoon rain on Friday, but otherwise it will be cloudy, with a high near 45. There’s a 60 percent chance of rain Saturday, with cloudy skies and a high near 56 degrees.
• The Riverhead Town Board voted 3-2 Tuesday evening to hold a public hearing Jan. 17 on whether a new partnership known as Calverton Aviation & Technology LLC, a joint venture to be formed by Luminati Aerospace and Triple Five Ventures Co., is a qualified and eligible buyer for nearly 1,700 acres of land at the town-owned Enterprise Park at Calverton. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• True to form, our cooking columnists have eschewed the obvious holiday treats this month to bring us the perfect feast to celebrate Boxing Day, the day British lords and ladies ladled up a pre-made lunch for their servants. Get instructions for your very own Ye Olde Boxing Day Lunch online here.
• The Southampton Business Alliance and representatives from Southampton Town had a ceremonial groundbreaking Monday for two new workforce housing units in Tuckahoe, promising this is just the beginning for new affordable housing initiatives in town. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board is expected to vote at a special 10 a.m. meeting today to extend the Canoe Place Inn, Canal & Eastern Properties Maritime Planned Development District approval for two years, to January of 2020. The board also has public hearings on several proposed stop signs on their agenda, which is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold one public hearing on a Community Preservation Fund land purchase at their 6:30 p.m. meeting tonight, and will also vote on whether to bond $2.1 million for airport taxiway improvements. Their full agenda is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:44 a.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:52 a.m., 11:27 p.m.
Greenport: 12:11 a.m., 12:21 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:55 a.m., 1:03 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:06 a.m., 12:16 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:33 a.m., 1:43 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:40 a.m., 1:50 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:47 a.m., 9:19 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:19 a.m., 12:27 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:35 a.m.
Greenport: 12:56 a.m., 1:04 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:35 a.m., 1:44 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:51 a.m., 12:59 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:18 a.m., 2:26 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:25 a.m., 2:33 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:25 a.m., 10:01 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.