Pictured Above: Roses in December | George Cork Maul photo
• It will be mostly sunny today, with a high temperature near 45 degrees and wind chill values between 20 and 30 early. We’re expecting mostly cloudy skies overnight, with rain likely after 4 a.m., with the temperature falling to near 35 degrees by 8 p.m., then rising to around 41 degrees for the remainder of the night. Rain is likely Wednesday morning, with gradually clearing skies and a high near 47 degrees. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 39.
• State Assemblyman Fred Thiele announced Monday an unprecedented $467,000 in funding through the New York Council on the Arts for 10 arts organizations on the South Fork, including Bay Street Theatre, Friends of the Cultural Center, Guild Hall, the Hamptons International Film Festival, Montauk Chamber Music Society, Parrish Art Museum, Sag Harbor Cinema Arts Center, Southampton Arts Center, Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center and the Research Foundation for SUNY Stony Brook’s Pollock-Krasner House & Study Center.
“Art and culture are at the heart of our regional heritage and is a true engine of economic activity,” said Assemblyman Thiele.“Thanks to critical funding from the New York State Council on the Arts, the regional talent that draws thousands of visitors to our towns and villages each year will have the optimal financial support that will allow it to flourish. I look forward to seeing its resounding impact on stage in the near future and want to offer my sincere congratulations to the grantees.”
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss a draft airport re-envisioning public engagement report at its 11 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda and the meeting can be viewed live on LTV’s YouTube channel.
• The Riverhead Town Board meets this afternoon at 2 p.m. Here’s the agenda for the regular meeting, and here’s the agenda for the Community Development Agency meeting, which is held at the start of the town board meeting. The meetings can be viewed live here.
• The Quogue Wildlife Refuge will hold a sunset solstice group hike this afternoon at 4 p.m., as the sun sets on the first day of winter. Reservations are required, and the cost is $10 for members and $20 for non-members. More details are online here.
• The Morning Bulletin will be taking off tomorrow through New Year’s Day. Stay tuned to this website for breaking news and updates on the Covid surge throughout the remainder of the year.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:08 a.m., 11:43 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:16 a.m., 10:51 p.m.
Greenport: 11:45 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:25 a.m., 12:28 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:40 a.m.
New Suffolk: 12:57 a.m., 1:07 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:04 a.m., 1:14 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:56 a.m., 10:40 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:05 a.m., 8:49 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:50 a.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:58 a.m., 11:36 p.m.
Greenport: 12:20 a.m., 12:27 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:04 a.m., 1:08 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:15 a.m., 12:22 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:42 a.m., 1:49 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:49 a.m., 1:56 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:32 a.m., 11:22 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:41 a.m., 9:31 p.m.
Happy Holidays, and stay safe out there!