• It will be mostly cloudy today, with a high temperature near 55 degrees and a 30 percent chance of rain, mainly after 4 p.m. The wind will be out of the southwest at 9 to 13 miles per hour. We’re expecting rain overnight, with a low around 45. Rain will continue on Saturday, with the temperature falling to around 39 degrees by 3 p.m. and a northeast wind 15 to 20 miles per hour, becoming north 25 to 30 mph in the afternoon. Sunday will be sunny and breezy, with a high near 43.
• Suffolk County reported 1,111 new cases of Covid-19 in the 24 hours ending Thursday, with 6 percent of the people tested testing positive. There were 310 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 56 of them in ICU. The county reported three new deaths, bringing the death toll here to 2,062.
• The Peconic Estuary Partnership has been working the past couple years to update its Comprehensive Conservation Management Plan, using 2020 as a jumping-off point for the next ten years of protecting the Peconics. Read more in our sister publication, The Peconic Bathtub.
• Saint John Church at 546 Saint John’s Place in Riverhead is hosting a community blood drive this afternoon from 1 to 7 p.m. Schedule a donation online here.
• The annual 10X10=100 Art Show & Sale to benefit the North Fork Environmental Council, WLIW-FM & CAST at VSOP Projects in Greenport will be previewed this evening — on Instagram live at 4 p.m. and in person from 6 to 9 p.m. The sale will be held tomorrow, Dec. 5 at 6 p.m. Here are more details.
• Tonight is opening night for the all-virtual Hamptons Doc Fest, providing a unique glimpse at the work being done by some of the best documentary filmmakers around for the next ten days. Here are more details.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:11 a.m., 12:12 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:20 a.m.
Greenport: 12:48 a.m., 12:49 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:34 a.m., 1:37 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:43 a.m., 12:44 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:10 a.m., 2:11 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:17 a.m., 2:18 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:59 a.m., 11:55 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:08 a.m., 10:04 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:58 a.m., 12:59 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:06 a.m., 12:07 p.m.
Greenport: 1:35 a.m., 1:36 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:20 a.m., 2:27 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:30 a.m., 1:31 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:57 a.m., 2:58 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:04 a.m., 3:05 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:50 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:59 a.m., 10:58 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.