This Morning’s Bulletin — 12.5.18
• We’re expecting increasing clouds throughout the day today, with a high near 37 degrees but wind chill values between 15 and 25, with a northeast wind around 7 miles per hour. Skies will clear overnight, with a low around 19. Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 37, and Friday will be sunny, with a high near 39.
• Pierson High School and Suffolk County Legislator Bridget Fleming are teaming up for a NARCAN opioid antidote administration workshop and a drug take back event on Tuesday, Dec. 18 at 6 p.m. at Bridgehampton’s Hampton Library. For more details on this free event, call Ms. Fleming’s office at 631.852.8400.
• What’s a grandpa to do when trying to read Christmas stories to the little ones in a digital age? Our columnist Tim Kelly embarks on a quest to find out.
• Greenport’s David Berson remembers his friend, Jim Melrose, who recently passed away, in our recent installment of The Poem. The Beacon is accepting poetry submissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Poet Lloyd Schwartz will be the guest speaker at this evening’s Writers Speak Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. at Stony Brook Southampton. More details are online here.
• The Hampton Bays Historical Society and Southampton Town are collaborating on an afternoon of cheer this Saturday, Dec. 8. Beginning at the Lyzon Hat Shop on Main Street at 3 p.m. the Dickens Carolers will serenade visitors before strolling to Good Ground Park for more caroling by the Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center, with a tree and menorah lighting to follow at 4:20 p.m. There will be picture-taking with the Grinch and hot chocolate and cookies for all. The organizations are also asking attendees to bring non-perishable food for local food pantries.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:56 a.m., 8:20 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:04 a.m., 7:28 p.m.
Greenport: 8:33 a.m., 8:57 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:32 a.m., 10:02 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:28 a.m., 8:52 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:55 a.m., 10:19 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:02 a.m., 10:26 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:15 a.m., 7:33 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:24 a.m., 5:42 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:39 a.m., 9:04 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:47 a.m., 8:12 p.m.
Greenport: 9:16 a.m., 9:41 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:16 a.m., 10:47 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:11 a.m., 9:36 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:38 a.m., 11:03 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:45 a.m., 11:10 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:59 a.m., 8:18 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:08 a.m., 6:27 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.