This Morning’s Bulletin — 12.6.17
• It will be cloudy through mid-morning today, then gradually clearing, with a temperature falling to around 43 degrees by 5 p.m., with a west wind 13 to 17 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 28. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 48, and Friday will be partly sunny, with a high near 42.
• The Southampton Town Board did not reach the supermajority vote it needed to pass The Hills at Southampton Planned Development District in East Quogue Tuesday afternoon. The project, which has been the subject of controversy for several years, would have created a new zoning district to allow the construction of a 118-unit housing development and golf course. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Deepwater Wind, the Rhode Island firm that plans to build a 90 megawatt offshore wind farm 30 miles off the coast of Montauk, will hold a holiday open house at their new office at 524 Montauk Highway in Amagansett this evening, Dec. 6 from 6 to 8 p.m. All are welcome to attend and holiday refreshments will be served. Ugly sweaters are not required.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold a special meeting tomorrow, Dec. 7 at noon to vote on a notice of completion of an Environmental Impact Statement on the Canoe Place Inn Eastern Maritime Planned Development District.
• The Southold Town Board has released its preliminary traffic study of Love Lane in Mattituck. You can view a draft of the study online here.
• The North Fork Environmental Council’s Speaker Series continues tomorrow, Dec. 7 at 6:30 p.m. with a talk by Kevin McAllister of Defend H2O on “No More Methoprene” at the Jamesport Meeting House. All are welcome to attend.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:30 a.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:38 a.m., 11:11 p.m.
Greenport: 12:07 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:45 a.m., 1:03 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:02 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:04 a.m., 1:29 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:11 a.m., 1:36 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:51 a.m., 9:32 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:03 a.m., 12:28 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:36 a.m.
Greenport: 12:40 a.m., 1:05 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:40 a.m., 1:59 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:35 a.m., 1 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:02 a.m., 2:27 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:09 a.m., 2:34 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:49 a.m., 10:33 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.