This Morning’s Bulletin — 12.7.18
• Today will be sunny, with a high near 39 degrees but wind chill values between 20 and 30, with a northwest wind 10 to 17 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 15. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 35, and Sunday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
• The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency announced this week that it has issued 36 grants totaling $2.57 million for projects to improve the health of the Long Island Sound. Get the details on our sister website, The Peconic Bathtub.
Art happenings abound on the East End this weekend:
• The South Street Gallery in Greenport will hold its 12th Annual 10X10=100 Art Show & Sale to benefit the North Fork Environmental Council and 88.3 WPPB. The preview will be held from noon to 9 p.m. today, with the sale beginning tomorrow, Dec. 8 at 6 p.m. sharp, with art sold on a first-come, first-serve basis. More details are online here.
• The South Street Gallery preview is just one of the many gallery festivities throughout Greenport this evening, when the final Greenport Gallery Walk of the season is held at 10 galleries throughout the village from 6 to 9 p.m. Greenport businesses are also pulling out all the stops with a holiday decorating contest this season, and this is a great time to stroll the streets and see what there is to see.
• The North Fork Art Collective will host a Holiday PopUp market at The Sound View in Greenport tomorrow from noon to 5 p.m. Join in for festive drinks, raffles and shopping from local artisans and help support North Fork artists. More details are online here.
• The Hampton Bays Historical Society and Southampton Town are collaborating on an afternoon of cheer this Saturday, Dec. 8. Beginning at the Lyzon Hat Shop on Main Street at 3 p.m. the Dickens Carolers will serenade visitors before strolling to Good Ground Park for more caroling by the Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center, with a tree and menorah lighting to follow at 4:20 p.m. More details are online here.
• The North Fork Community Theatre, which is currently under renovation, is presenting two readings of David Sedaris’s “The Santaland Diaries” at the Jamesport Meeting House on Saturday at 8 p.m. and Sunday at 2:30 p.m. More details are online here.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in our Events Calendar.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:21 a.m., 9:49 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:29 a.m., 8:57 p.m.
Greenport: 9:58 a.m., 10:26 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:59 a.m., 11:30 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:53 a.m., 10:21 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:20 a.m., 11:48 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:27 a.m., 11:55 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:40 a.m., 9:02 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:49 a.m., 7:11 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:05 a.m., 10:34 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:13 a.m., 9:42 p.m.
Greenport: 10:42 a.m., 11:11 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:40 a.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:37 a.m., 11:06 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:04 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:11 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:20 a.m., 9:45 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:29 a.m., 7:54 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.